Federal Territory Mosque, Kuala Lumpur
or Masjid Wilayah Persekutuan
The Federal Territory Mosque officially opened on 25 October 2000 by the 12th Agung, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalulail. It is the 44th Kuala Lumpur city mosque built by Federal Government. It has a capacity 17,000 worshippers or jemaah at any one time, built on 33 acres or 13.4 hectares of land. It has a built up area of 47,000 sq. metres with 4 levels.
What's the Address & Telephone?
- Jalan Ibadah, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- +603 6201 8791; +603 6201 8790 FAX
- Official Website http://www.jawi.gov.my
How to go to the Masjid Wilayah?
- If you drive, go along Jalan Kuching, heading towards the north, until you reach the exit to Jalan Duta on your left. Pass the Tennis Stadium located on your left. Head straight until the traffic light. Make a right turn at the first traffic light, and another right turn at the next traffic light. You can enter the Federal Territory Mosque through several gates around the perimeter fencing.
View Masjid Wilayah Map in a larger map
How to go by bus?
- Take either of the RapidKL buses # U83, B115, T616 and stop at the Kompleks Kerajaan Jalan Duta or Jalan Duta Government Complex. Should cost you no more than RM2 per way.
What kind of Architecture does the Federal Territory Mosque have?
- A blend of Ottoman and Malay
- It has 22 domes made of light composite glass fibre. A main dome, 6 half-domes and other smaller domes. The main dome has a diameter of 30 meters and a height of 45 meters.
- It features a Mosque in the garden concept
Are there lifts for the physically challenged to use?
- Yes there is a lift in the main building serving up to Level 4 and an escalator linking Levels 1 and 3.
What are the additional Functions of the Masjid Wilayah?
- In addition to being a place of worship, it also serves as a community centre with a multi-purpose hall and a dining hall for the public.
- To serve as an institution for the development of Islamic knowledge with nursery, pre-school, school, hostel, library and computer room.
Who was the Contractor who built the mosque?
- Ahmad Zaki Resources Berhad in a 50% Joint Venture with Johawaki Sdn Bhd. Ahmad Zaki also built the KLIA Mosque.
- Address and telephone contact of Ahmad Zaki
No. 88, Jalan Gombak, Setapak, 53000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel : +603-4024 1000; Fax: +603-4024 2000
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How much did it cost to build the mosque?
- Only RM255 million
Who did the wood carvings on the main doors and window curtains?
- Craftsmen from Kelantan and Trengganu.
What about the marble carvings on the mihrab and the main gateway?
- They were done by skilled Indian artisans whose forefathers built the Taj Mahal.
Does the shallow pool around the building serve and purpose?
- It not only adds beauty and gives an illusion of a floating mosque, it also serves to cool the building by absorbing the surrounding heat during daytime.
What are the Attractions nearby?
- National Archives, Duta Court Complex, National Hockey Stadium or Stadium Tun Razak, Plaza Damas and MARTRADE Exhibition and Convention Center.
Go to the top of this Federal Territory Mosque page
What do you love about Kuala Lumpur?
What's the #1 thing that you love. And what's your # 1 thing you hate about Kuala Lumpur? Share with us your kudos and complaints about Kuala Lumpur.
If you find this page helpful please recommend it by clicking on these buttons: