BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel
Kuala Lumpur News
BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel
I will update you about the latest happenings in Kuala Lumpur in this section. Especially contraversial issues which you may have missed or not be aware of.
You will also be able to contribute your comments and opinions here.
Do you have any interesting Kuala Lumpur news or stories to share?
Join in and share your own news about Kuala Lumpur. It's easy to do. Simply click the link in the "Your Kuala Lumpur News" box above and start sharing your news.
A Visit To BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel
The latest rave among international backpackers is this new hostel in Kuala Lumpur China Town area.
My visit to the BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel, located along Jalan Tun H. S. Lee, took me to this pre-war shophouse. The design has won the PAM Awards 2009 , under the Adaptive Reuse category. This award is given out annually by the Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) for outstanding Malaysian architecture.
The BackHome gets my vote for cleanliness as well as friendliness of its staff.
It has a big locker room which is adequate for most backpackers. The location is hard to beat. Right in the Kuala Lumpur China Town area.
For transportation it is walking distance to
- Masjid Jamek LRT interchange
- KTM Commuter Kuala Lumpur Station
- Puduraya Intercity Bus Station
- Kotaraya stage bus terminal
- Klang Bas Stand - for Rapid KL buses
Kuala Lumpur Attractions nearby include
- The famous (or infamous) Kuala Lumpur China Town or Petaling Street
- Bukit Nenas Forest Reserve and KL Tower
- Yap Ah Loy Chinese Temple
- Gong Di Chinese Temple
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Pasar Seni or Central Market
Facilities of the fully airconditioned BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel are
- 7 domitories with 4 to 8 beds each with
- fold-away tables
- power sockets
- reading lights
- 2 private double rooms
- security lockers that can fit large backpacks
- Free WiFi
- 2 computer to check your emails (pay per use)
- all-day coffee and tea
- Free movie lounge to socialise with other guest
- Mini Library well stocked with travel books and brochures
I especially like the plain cemented flooring as it is much cleaner than carpeted rooms. However, not everyone can get used to the cold concrete floor. I also like the extra large louvered windows of the private rooms that gives it the bright cheery look. You can request for a table or stand fan if you prefer not to use the airconditer.
- Can be noisy if you are a light sleeper, especially if your room faces the main road.
I must say the hostel has been well thought out with every creature comfort looked into.
Where else can you get such a deal for just RM35 per person per night? The double room goes for just RM90.
Check out BackHome Kuala Lumpur Hostel for more info.
What do you love about Kuala Lumpur?
What's the #1 thing that you love. And what's your # 1 thing you hate about Kuala Lumpur? Share with us your kudos and complaints about Kuala Lumpur.
If you find this page helpful please recommend it by clicking on these buttons: