Kuala Lumpur City Centre or better known as Suria KLCC is located on the former Selangor Turf Club race course. Like to know more? Then read the Petronas Towers History here.
Kuala Lumpur Shopping at its best
Quick Facts about Suria KLCC
- Opened: 8 May 1998
- Number of Floors: 6
- Floor Area: 93,000 sq m.
- Human Traffic: 100,000 daily average visitors
- Tel: (603) - 2382 8448
- Official website http://www.suriaklcc.com.my/
Suria KLCC Map
View KLCC Map in a larger map
Suria KLCC Comprises of
- 88 storey Petronas Towers
- 6 Level Suria Mall with 150,000 sq. m. shopping centre
- 49 storey Menara Maxis
- 30 storey Menara Esso
- 32 storey Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- 20 hectare KLCC Park
- As-syakirin Mosque
- 2 District Cooling Centres using natural gas water-chilling technology for air-conditioning
- Total Area: 40 hectares
- Estimated Development Cost: RM4 billion
Suria KLCC & Petronas Towers History
Petronas Twin Towers
Still the tallest twin towers in the world, standing at 452 meters above ground. See more about the Petronas Towers here.
The tallest skybridge in the world. Linking the two towers at 170 meters above ground. Learn more about the Petronas Skybridge here.
Malaysia's most exclusive shopping mall, right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Located on the former Selangor Turf Club. It is a one stop shopping center. A self-contained city within a city much like the concept of KL Sentral and Mid-Valley Mega Mall, which are the other mega projects changing the landscape of Kuala Lumpur.
- Marks & Spencer's - 3,000 sq. m.
- Parkson Grand
- Tanjong Golden Village Cinema
Facilities at KLCC
- Disabled Friendly amenities
- Drop-off points
- Ample Parking - 5,000 bays
- Ample service lifts
- Post Office
- Banks & ATM machines
- Taxis and Bus Stops
- Entrance for LRT commuters
- Fast food outlets
- High fashion labels
- Elegant cafes
- Access to 50-acre public park
- Miscellaneous shops and arcades
- 1,200-seat Food Court with wonderful view of park
- Entertainment and leisure level
- 300-seat local food court and theme restaurants
- Kinokunoya Book Shop - excellent collection of English books
- Petrosains Interactive Gallery
Ultra modern Aquaria KLCC aquarium with entertainment and educational features. Showcasing coastal and marine ecosystems.
You'll experience the walkalator that will transport you through the major tunnel of the aquarium where all kinds of marine life swim over and around you.
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
- A purpose built centre for local and international events. Designed by Cox Group Architects of Australia.
- Tel.: (603) - 2333 2888
- Official website of Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre http://www.klccconventioncentre.com/
Lumpur Convention Centre Ends on High Note
The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (the Centre) has clinched a total of 28 conventions this year, adding more events to its growing business tourism portfolio.
Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
Malaysia's first dedicated music hall. Home to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. It is located between the two towers on the podium block.
- Opened: 1998
- Capacity: 865 seats
Address of Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
- Ground Floor, KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.
- Tel: (603) - 2051 7007
Petrosains Petronas Interactive Gallery
Located at Level 4. It is an interactive discovery science center. Designed to stimulate your interest in science, especially geared towards the petroleum science and geology. If you plan to visit Petrosains, set aside at least 2 hours to journey through the world of discovery.
- Tel: 603-23318787
- Official website http://www.petrosains.com.my/
- Opening Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily, except Mondays
- Rates: RM12 for adults and RM4 for child. Special discounted rates for students and senior citizens.
You'll admire this beautiful 20 hectare KLCC Park designed by the famous late Brazilian landscape artist Roberto Burle Marx.
- Lake Symphony water fountain
- tropical greenery featuring indigenous trees and shrubs
- children wading pols and playground
- patterned footpath and jogging track
- murals and sculptures.
See Autumn Belle's blog on mynicegarden for truly beautiful flowers and trees found at the KLCC Park.
Come and enjoy the magical water fountain on the promenade just outside the shopping mall. You may like to visit this Lake Symphony in the evening while enjoying you favorite cup of coffee of tea. And let the fountain entertain you and get you ready for the night.
Masjid Asy-Syakirin or KLCC Mosque
One of the more beautiful new mosque in Malaysia. Skillfully built by Uzbekistan craftsmen using marble and granite. The Al-Syakirin Mosque is sometimes referred to as the Jewel in the Park. This mosque has the capacity for 6,000 worshipers.
I hope your like the information provided to you about Suria KLCC or Kuala Lumpur City Centre. I look forward to hearing from you about this article on KLCC. To send a feedback, please use the CONTACT form at the bottom of this page.
Go to the top of this Suria KLCC page
What do you love about Kuala Lumpur?
What's the #1 thing that you love. And what's your # 1 thing you hate about Kuala Lumpur? Share with us your kudos and complaints about Kuala Lumpur.
What Other Visitors Have Said About Kuala Lumpur
Why not be the first to share YOUR story here?
If you find this page helpful please recommend it by clicking on these buttons: